Friday, January 20, 2006

My Pedometer broke the other day!

I have felt disconnected all week. My pedometer broke when I was cleaning up the cords around my computer on Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. I moved the computer over a few inches and replaced the several old outlets with grounded outlets so we wouldn’t have to use three prong adapters. The adapters are always shorting out and making the computer or my stereo and television shut down. Some day it might do serious harm to the hardware or cause a loss of data. Anyway, I was crawling around on the floor, I stood up and heard something catch the computer desk and snap. It was my trusty pedometer.

I have used the same pedometer for three years of the state fitness program and have recorded all my miles from daily walking for the past two years. The pedometer itself is fine, but the hook where it connects to the belt snapped off. This is the weak point with those pedometers. I have lost another one the same way. I have over 1600 miles so far this year and am hoping to break 2000 by the time 52 weeks have rolled by in April. I also use the clock function on the pedometer as I don’t normally wear a watch. So I haven’t had an accurate count of my steps and miles all week and I haven’t been able to check the time. It is down right disorienting! Besides that it has been cold and the wind has been blowing for several days. We are such creatures of habit!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?