Monday, November 21, 2005

On Travel, Anniversaries and Thanksgivings

I missed my 12 step meeting tonight because I had to travel for work. There were a lot of warning signs on the highway, sliding rock, icy roads and bridges and deer. There were also lots of red spots where deer had been hit. I was lucky, though maybe it really isn't luck. I didn't see any deer and didn't have to get too stressed out driving at night. I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a work anniversary of 30 years next week, I had an anniversary of sobriety of 25 years last Febuary and 27 years of marriage last summer. Some lessons I am trying to learn, is to quickly admit when I am wrong and seek forgiveness, to offer forgiveness quickly, keep a short record of others wrongs, seek spiritual direction in whatever I am doing and being able to sense the spirit in everything and everyone I meet. These are things I can be thankful for, also safe travel, many long anniversaries, good friends and family and the Lord's blessings! Shalom.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?